I told self, win!


Photo credit: pixel.com


When the sun set gently 

Under the sky's duvet sweetly,

I gazed at the fortune glory of its days

Towering my head to console my heavy face;

Seeing the soul moulding my fort 

Lining in a state of consumed hope

Birthed for a prided miracle by past seas.


On, I play the squid contest 

That seized my panting facade of

Mystery debt to soul and dreams,

Sending every momentary pleasure onward.


I heard this friendly old self saying,

"You've walked the part

We set together Forcefully,

Holding thy fragile heart still

You've kept us in the snow-burning abyss 

Where all our comfort is rekindled 

Either for mystery or a cold bath."


Hear self, hear 

Give heed to trophy sage;

Spice your sour courage aright


And Keep your hunted feet onshore.


On this twilight scene, I gaze on 

To witness the death of a dying sun,

And its rising from the suffering rest;

When the light was flirt on looted shine


Afar and then.


Again,

I told self in a hush voice

Loud enough to scare the deaf's ears,

"Skip all mountain and ride on all sky,

Made chunked your vocal twist 

When seasons take their sit and years 

Strolls with time."


Taiwo Paul 

©2022


Read the freezy Morn


Brief analysis

Times and seasons connote the passing of ages; However, we sometimes reminds ourselves to face a lot of difficulty without backing down because that is the reason we are made human all in all and as living organism. In this poem, the poet reminds himself of the virtues that is required for him to win. As, the things that await anyone in takes that part "spice your courage..." Enjoy!


Comments

Anonymous said…
By wow it's beautiful

Popular posts from this blog

Enoch

Dyslexiod

Crying stream