Freezy Morn




The cold is pampering my gentle skin

Piping my seized breath


Away from warming snow 

As the refrigerator would 


To preserve my lacerated bones a stick

That race endlessly without a rival


My teeth dance naked to an unheard beat

Swinging its white crystals in shattered joy


Hurrying to glance through all frozen arm 

And lukewarm tears which

Streams like a foreign guest to my stock body


Afflicting my tormented skin anew 

Blending every region into an antarctic station


Taiwo Ayeni

©2022


Brief analysis

Four seasons birth the circle of a year; the summer season, the winter,the autumn or fall and the spring. Each season with their effect on nature and human in its. As for this poem, it concerns itself with the aesthetics and soft pampering of the winter call. The prevailing imagery metamorphosis the visual imagery (as refrigerator would) and tactile imagery (pampering my gentle skin) to recreate the effect of winter chilling that romance the poet skin, "blending every region into an antarctic station"


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Enoch

Dyslexiod

Crying stream